Candice Domingo 4 Rd. 9H United 5 Subdivision Quezon City, Philippines 1713 011-63-825-8966; 0916-4507600 email@example.com
Dedicated registered nurse seeking a staff nurse position that will effectively utilize acquired experience, training and commitment to nursing excellence.
AREA OF EXPERTISE: Obstetrics and Gynecology
BSN School San Beda College
Address 638 Mendiola St. San Miguel, Manila
Telephone No. 735-6011 local 3111
Year Graduated 2005
Country of Issuance Philippines
Date Issued: December 17, 2005
Expiration Date: September 7, 2009
Examinations taken and passed:
Examination Date Taken Result
Board Exam August 1-2, 2001 82.0%
Philippine Nursing Exam December 3-4, 2005 82.4%
IELTS June 10, 2006 Overall Band Score of 8
NCLEX-RN, California September 17, 2007 Passed
Employer University of the Philippines – Philippine General Hospital
Address Taft Avenue, Manila
Telephone No. 521-8450 local 2319
Bed Capacity 1500 patient beds (1000 charity, 500 pay)
Area Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
November 06, 2006 to Present
Position Nurse II
The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has 170 charity beds available located in 4 main wards: ward 14B, ward 15, ward 16 and an Intensive Maternal Unit where critical cases of pregnancies before term are admitted. Newly hired nurses are required to undergo clinical rotations in the various areas of the department.
OB Admitting Section/Labor & Delivery/Operating & Recovery Room
October 2007 to Present
• Assesses condition of OB-GYNE patients such as pregnancies in labor, high-risk pregnancies, bleeding related to abortion and cervical cancer prior to admission.
• Provides physical and emotional support to women before, during and after giving birth.
• Prepares the operating room for cases, functions as a scrub/circulating nurse, maintains sterile procedures, assists the surgical team, performs surgical counts.
• Provides post anesthesia recovery; closely monitors patients and notifies physicians of clinical changes.
• Works closely with physicians and other healthcare staff to ensure optimal patient care.
• Communicates with family to apprise them of patients’ condition and answer questions.
July 2007 to October 2007
• Provided nursing care to gynecological patients such as those diagnosed with myoma uteri, ovarian new growth, hyatidiform mole and cervical cancer.
• Completed pre- and post-operative procedures and monitored recovery progress.
• Maintained reverse isolation to patients undergoing chemotherapy.
• Collaborated effectively with an interdisciplinary team of medical and health care professionals.
• Consistently exceeded call of duty by working additional shifts.
February 2007 to July 2007
• Provided direct patient care to postpartum patients with clinical complications such as hypertension, cardiac disease, thyroid problems and diabetes in pregnancy.
• Completed pre- and post- operative procedures, closely monitored post-surgical patients.
• Administered medications in a timely and safe manner.
• Acted as patient advocate; assessed patient status and newborns, notified physicians of clinical changes.
November 2006 to February 2007
• Provided total patient care to post curettage and postpartum patients without clinical complications.
• Completed pre- and post-operative procedures to elective Cesarean patients.
• Assessed patients and newborns , notified physicians of any significant changes.
• Assisted mothers with proper newborn care by encouraging them to breastfeed and by demonstrating to them how to bathe their newborns and to care for the cord.
• Administered oral, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications.
• Provided health teachings with emphasis on the importance of breastfeeding, as well as the proper techniques and the common problems associated with it.
• Assisted nursing students through return demonstrations and answering queries.
NON-CLINICAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Employer Chinese General Hospital School of Nursing
Address Sta. Cruz, Manila
Area College of Nursing
January 2006 to March 2006
Comprehensive job description Taught Basic Nutrition and Diet Therapy to second year nursing students. Handled 3 classes with an average of 50 students per class.
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF CASES HANDLED, PROCEDURES PERFORMED OR ASSISTED
- Cases handled
- Pregnancies without complications
- High risk pregnancies such as those with hypertension, diabetes, cardiac diseases, thyroid problems
- Pre-eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP Syndrome
- Ectopic pregnancies
- Ovarian New Growth
- Cervical Cancer
- H. mole
- Bartholin’s cyst
- Newborns for direct rooming-in
Procedures performed or assisted
- Spontaneous vaginal deliveries
- Emergency Cesarean deliveries
- Explore Laparotomy
- Bilateral tubal ligation
- Fractional Dilatation and Curettage
- Completion Curettage
- Suction Curettage
- Manual Vacuum Aspiration
- Outlet Forceps Extraction
American Nurses Association
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST